- Psychometric tests are a common part of the job interview process at many companies across the world.
- They generally consist of a series of timed questions, that are most often numerical (maths questions), verbal (reading comprehension questions) or logical (diagrammatic questions).
- Psychometric testing is often used in recruitment to help companies work out which applicants are most likely to be successful in a particular job.
- Testing aims to assess how specific abilities of a candidate will relate to the requirements of a role.
- There are many different types of psychometric tests but broadly speaking, they fall into two categories:
v Tests of ability (what a person can do)
v Tests of personality (what a person is like)